Applying for graduate schools, fellowships, and jobs is daunting. Good thing I have Academic Tyra!|
7 DOS and DON’TS of Cover Writing
1. DON’T act like a fan and fawn over the department.
2. DO Present yourself as a colleague.
3. DON’T ramble on and about your diss. It bores hiring committees.
4. DON’T offer to teach all the courses. Your desperation is showing.
5. DON’T write a mushy teaching paragraph. ORLY? You love teaching?! You create “engaging” assignments?!
6. DO specify your plans to publish.
7. DO make them want you.